You can now see the refugium nano running on youtube... https://youtu.be/T_lKcBjk78s
For Both Freshwater and Marines Systems.
The Refugium allows the removal of phosphates and nitrates within your system... with the help of a little caulerpa or similar for marine and elodea or similar plants for freshwater.
Cleartides 360S has all the benefits of a standard refugium, with the added benefit of a Built in Reactor Chamber. This can be used multi-media reactor chamber. From phosphate remover to a fluidised sand bed.
When using as a fluidised sand bed. This will aid removal of both ammonia and nitrite from your aquarium.
The Removal Nitrogen Cycle is Completed within the Refugium S ... Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates .. and also in the process removing Phosphates.
The Refugium S will allow a Breeding Ground for small Critters to thrive ... feeding the aquarium inhabitants in the process.
Kit Consists of :
Refugium 360S, Mineral Mud (Caribsea), Piping, Control Valve, Coral Sand, Pump and LED Light.
The pump and light comes supplied with plug to fit customers country plug socket... ie EU, USA etc
Benefits Of Minerial Mud.
CaribSea'sMineral Mud is an unique blend of sediments that duplicate tropicalfringing costal mangrove environments. Mineral Mud is in a size range compatible with soft, burrowing infaunal, marco animal assemblages.Ideal for mud refugiums, seagrasses, macro algaes,and mangroves.Mineral Mud provides a variety of trace elements, chelated traceelements, natural bio-available iodine, plus calcium, strontium, ironand free carbon.
Cleartides Refugiums are designed to hang-on the side or back of an existing aquarium
Freshwater : 80 gals / 400 l
Marine : 60gals/ 220 l
Length : 360mm
Width (front to back) : 80mm
Depth (top to bottom) : 250mm
Hang-On Bracket Width: 30mm
Cleartides Refugium 'S'
1. Fit refugium securely to outer side Aquarium or sump, using screws (supplied) to do so.
2. Place supply pump to inside (in water) of aquarium/ sump close to the refugium inlet (12mm).
3. Secure pipe work (12/13mm) to outlet of pump and run the pipe work to inlet of refugium (12mm).
4. The outllet can be fitted with the 90o elbow and tubing if required to aid silent running. Gluing maybe required.
5. Check blue sponge is sitting on plate and add sand (or other media) to sit on sponge to a depth of 1/3 the chamber height.
6. Add required depth of Mineral Mud (darker coloured sand) to the refugium base of the second compartment. Then lay the lighter sand directly on top of the mud.
7. Look over all fittings fitted to the refugium
8. Start pump supply to the refugium.
9. Adjust flow control on pump until the sand of the first chamber begins to lift. Keep opening until fluidising sand lifts to a height approx. 2/3 of the height of the refugium height.
10. The flow should go through the fluidised sand bed and begin to exit the first chamber
11. Water will then fill the second chamber, exiting the refugium through the exit. Add Elbow and tubing to silence the water flow if required.
12. Add lighting.
13. Check running of refugium for 2 hours. lf every thing is running perfect, add Calpera (not included).
- After a period of 2 days, the refugium should be up and running nicely. Add inhabitants and caulpera to the refugium as required.
- Periodically check the flow through the unit and remove blockages etc where necessary.
This system is a natural filtration system that simulates the environment found in coral reefs.
You do not need a protein skimmer although if you are using one at present you are advised to run it for an hour approximately twice a day until the filter has begun maturing.
The water is kept well oxygenated through the photosynthesis of caulerpa eliminating the need for air pumps.
Run the lamp 24 hours a day causing the caulerpa to grow only through photosynthesis. The caulerpa will prevent the unwanted growth of hair algae within the main tank by competing for the essential nutrients.
The growth of the caulerpa can be controlled by harvesting it with scissors to use as a fresh natural food for your fish.
Fishes living in a system operating with a well established refugium remain much healthier and more colourful. Research has shown that this natural filtering helps prevent and can even cure Lateral Line Disease. This is the most cost effective way to keep your tank perfect.